Scentsy Fragrance

Scentsy Fragrance
wickless candles & more

ShareThis

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paleo Whole30- Day 3

How did Day 3 go? Well I think it went pretty good! 
I made something new for breakfast today, it was a Chicken Five Spice with Chard.
I was anxious to try a new recipe today, and especially excited about a new leafy green veggie called Chard! I have to admit, this was my first time buying and preparing this veggie. In case you're wondering, "Chard is a leafy green vegetable often used in Mediterranean cooking. While the leaves are always green, chard stalks very in color. Chard has been bred to have highly nutritious leaves at the expense of the root. Chard is, in fact, considered to be one of the healthiest vegetables available and a valuable addition to a healthy diet"- Wikipedia. Try some chard out for yourself- I think you'll like it!!!

My breakfast dish was amazing, and a great way to start my day!

I did a lot of organizing and straightening up my house today....it gets so out of control sometimes! It really gets to the point that I either just want to throw everything away, or move....I think I'll end up just throwing a lot away for now! Today I got a good start at least! During my organization I worked up an appetite and had a handful of nuts and 3 tiny peaches, (not sure what kind of peaches these are by their sooo small, look more like apricots). I felt okay about eating this snack. 
Lunch was the same as yesterday, Tuna Salad! But today I added 1/2 an avocado. I LOVE avocado and I have a lot of them right now in the house, thanks to a great week of Bountiful Baskets. 
Tonights workout was another Crossfit workout. It was hard tonight, a whole new set of exercises to do (which is good considering I can barely walk- I'm still sore from Monday). One day I'll learn the names of these movements I'm doing...but I can't remember them for the life of me right now! :)
Oh, and before my workout I had a handful of almonds and 3 sticks of homemade deer jerky- just like Monday's Pre-Workout meal. It seems to do the trick! 
After Crossfit I did an hour of Hot Yoga. Tonight this took place outside in the 103 degree Arizona sun! It was HOT! It felt sooo great afterwards too!
I wasn't very hungry after my workout and didn't want to fill up on a PWO meal, so I waited till I was home and the kids were in bed to eat my last meal of the day- Dinner! Do you remember what I've been eating all week!?!? Yup, it was the same thing, Veggie Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce over spinach! Luckily, for you and I, tonights meal was the last of my leftovers for this meal. I am now ready for something else for dinner! I can't wait to see what I find to make for tomorrow night!

Day 3 is now coming to an end. I am loving all the food I get to eat and so far haven't been missing the complex carbs or the dairy. I am wanting to eat more fruit though, that is one thing that I miss. I eat a little fruit each day, but not as much as I am used to. Veggies, protein and healthy fats are the 3 main things I am to eat during this 30 day period.

Hope you all have a great day! I'll chat with ya tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment