Scentsy Fragrance

Scentsy Fragrance
wickless candles & more

ShareThis

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mermaid Half Marathon

This past weekend we took a little hop on over to San Diego, for a little half marathon run for me and a Mini run for Sophia. It was the Mermaid Series San Diego run. This was my first time participating in a Mermaid run. I love their mission- it's basically to help all women, regardless of their ability, feel welcomed and encouraged to make themselves the best they can be! They also are huge supporters of getting kids involved in walk/runs- and I really LOVE this part! 
All ready to run!!!
I was excited for another run and very excited for Sophia to get to run too. She loves running and I love that it's something she and I can do together. This run was really cool too, in that we got to meet a celebrity! Alison Sweeney from The Biggest Loser and Days of Our Lives was there to cheer us on, as well as participate in the 10K. She was so kind, and totally a normal person! She also was super tiny, and much prettier in real life! She and I have actually a lot in common, we're both huge fans of The Biggest Loser (duh), we have kids (duh), and we both are married to handsome men who serve and protect our country! Oh, and we both have blonde hair! :) 
Grandma Smith, Sophia & I meeting Alison Sweeney.
I went into this race thinking it would be just a "Fun" run. I wasn't sure if I wanted to push myself as much as I did a couple weeks ago for the Yuma half-marathon. But the more I thought about it the day before, I realized that I really should try to beat my time, even if it was only a minute faster, that would make me have a new PR. So with all the encouragement and motivation from my hubby (he thinks I can do anything), I set my mind to beat my PR. And you know what happened?!?!? I did it!


Kids making me a poster! The event had these booths just for the kids to make posters for their Moms! 

Sophia & I running her Mini Mermaid- 1.5 miles.
We did it!


My support system! I sure love these peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment