Scentsy Fragrance

Scentsy Fragrance
wickless candles & more

ShareThis

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Marathon Training Schedule

Running Shoes....gotta have the right ones!
I am often asked what my running schedule is like. I follow the Marathon Rookie training program. I like this program because it has me running 4 days a week, with my long run being on Saturday. During my "non-run" days, I will do Yoga, Pilates, and/or strength training. I take off Sunday as my official "rest" day, where I try not to do anything more than maybe a family walk in the evenings. I also take full advantage of my hubby being home, and try to sneak in a good old "Sunday Nap"!

I prefer running first thing in the morning, for a few reasons. First, I get my running out of the way, it is done for the day, which means I don't have to think about it anymore! Second, I like starting my run before the sun has came up. Natures beauty is great running scenery! Finally,  most official runs are in the morning. So my body is already acclimated to running in the morning, and it's ready for "race day"!

I love sticking to a schedule. I will print off the schedule, put in on my fridge and mark off each day that I complete. I am accountable and I get to see my progress. Sticking to a training program is going to help ensure that come "race day" you are ready! You will have put in the work, and your body and mind will know what to do! I LOVE THIS!

There are a lot of training programs online, find the one that fits your lifestyle best and stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment