Scentsy Fragrance

Scentsy Fragrance
wickless candles & more

ShareThis

Monday, June 4, 2012

Paleo- Whole 30 Day 21 & 22

I've been so busy, it's been hard blogging daily. By the end of my day I'm so tired, I literally just melt into my bed!
I can't believe I'm down to basically my last week of the Whole 30 program.
I can honestly say that this program is going to go for much longer than 30 days for me. I love how I feel. I love not needing to worry about if what I'm eating is real or "fake" food. I hate "fake" food, always, have, and always will. Though "fake" food taste amazing, to the average person, it's so scary, and disgusting how much junk we feed ourselves and our family. Most of us are not even aware of what it is that goes into our bodies. I am now learning more, and I like what I learn and now know. I've been inspired by so many other people that are also finding this lifestyle to be how they want to live. I hope that I can continue working hard, gaining strength, gaining knowledge, and maybe even inspiring others to do the same. 

Day 21
Sunday morning I felt like I needed to RUN! So I went for a little run before the rest of the family woke up for the day. It was the BEST way for me to start a long and stressful Sunday. Sunday's are hard for me, for many reasons...I'd rather just have another Saturday most weeks!
Breakfast was something that I totally made up, but was totally YUM! I forgot to Instagram it, but let me explain- I took some broccoli, like a huge cup or two full, and microwaved it till it was just soft. Then I added some chopped tomato, and 3 fried eggs, that were over easy, and fried in my favorite oil, Coconut Oil. The eggs couldn't have been more perfect! I was proud of my frying skills! I put a generous amount of salt and pepper on it, and dug in! It was really good! 
For my Snack after chuch, I had a LaraBar- YUM! I am convinced I can make these myself, and for much cheaper, so once I find the time, I'm going to make homemade bars for myself!
Lunch was leftovers- Salmon Patties, baked broccoli and avocados. It was a mixture of random healthy food in the fridge, but ended up being pretty tasty! Love just making things up! :)
After my Sunday nap, I ate about 3 cups of Pineapple- WOW! This was way too much fruit in one sitting, or probably for the whole week. Needless to say it tasted amazing- I love fresh pineapple! 
For dinner I made a Paleo Crock Pot dish from http://www.paleopot.com. It was called Easy Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Curry with Peppers and Cabbage. I also had leftover Cauliflower Rice to use with this crock pot meal. I was too full from my Pineapple overdose that I just fed the family this meal. All 4 eaters loved it! No one even noticed that they were not eating real white rice! SWEEET! I forgot to take a picture of this, but it looked pretty! :)
I had to do a Crossfit homework assignment tonight, so after 5 minutes of HELL, I worked up an appetite and ate some deli turkey and 1/2 an avocado. 
I felt pretty good about my day. Would have felt better had I not ate all that pineapple. I call fruit cheating...and it's a sad but glorious thing! 

Day 22
So I promised I'd be trying some new recipes this week, so here ya go! Starting with my favorite meal of the day, Breakfast!
For this meal I made a Leek and Mushroom Frittata from http://www.chowstalker.com. I had bought Leeks for the first time this week, and was excited to try them out. Come to find out they're very similar to onions, like a massive green onion. I may or may not find it necessary to purchase them again, but it was fun trying a new ingredient. The Frittata was yummy! I paired a huge slice with some chopped tomato and called it DELISH!
The kids and I were basically stuck at home today with no plans....never a good idea. Being bored makes me cranky and hungry, and the kids CRAZY! So I snacked today on almonds, apples, and watermelon. I have way to many "cheats" around my house :)
Lunch was something new again- Paleo Chicken Fajitas from http://www.paleoplan.com. I have a lot of colorful peppers around my house, and had a few chicken breast ready for cooking. I made a huge pan of the fajitas and used butter lettuce as my "wrap" and had 1/2 an avocado on the side. These were amazing! I am excited to eat these as leftovers again all week!
I snacked AGAIN today, before I left for the YMCA. I was planning on a big Crossfit workout and Hot Yoga, so I knew I'd need some fuel. So I had some leftover broccoli and finished off the last 2 Salmon Patties. It was good- hit the spot!
My workout tonight was different than planned. My trainer (who is currently training me for free), did not show up. So I did the row machine for 20 minutes then did a fast incline walk for 20 minutes. Hot Yoga didn't happen since my trainer is also the Hot Yoga instructor, so instead the Pilates instructor came and did Pilates with us for an hour. It was a great workout still, but I was really hoping to feel spent afterwards. 
Dinner was a beautiful salad and the Chicken Curry over Cauliflower Rice from last night. It hit the spot and was super DELISH! I think DELISH is going to be my new favorite word! 
This pictures is annoying, it should be flipped! :)

Excited for another day tomorrow! Hope you're day was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment